Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Post a Random Thought

You can have a scare. And you can have a fear.

But you can have a fear of something, like bats, maybe, whereas you can't have a scare of something. (Although "a scare of" would probably be a good name for a collection of certain animals, like bats, maybe.)

And you can be scared. And you can feared.

But you can be scared of something, like bats, whereas you can't be feared of something, like bats.

And you can scare. And you can fear.

And you can scare something, like bats, and fear something, like bats, but you're not doing the same thing when you do.
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Hold court, Hold forth, Hold back, Hold down, Hold tight, Hold sway
    Hold at bay
    Hold together
    Hold the fort
    Hold the purse strings, Hold a meeting, Hold a candle, Hold the aces
    Hold your attention
    Hold your nose
    Hold your end up
    Hold your ground
    Hold your breath
    Hold your head up, Hold your feet to the fire, Hold yourself together, Hold your water, Hold your liquor, Hold your tongue, Hold your horses
    Hold on
    Hold off
    Hold out
    Hold over
    Hold up
    Hold it
    Hold your own
    Hold everything!
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Quote Originally Posted by SnM View Post
    Hold...

hands
    harmless
    a grudge
    your applause
    your questions
    in contempt
    in esteem
    in escrow
    in trust
    in abeyance
    the onions
    the phone
    the record

the opinion...
    Last edited by t3p; 08-05-2014 at 09:57 PM.
    "i tell this truth to you/ not out of spite or anger/ but simply 'cause it's true"

Quote Originally Posted by t3p View Post
    hands
    harmless
    in contempt
    in esteem
    in escrow
    in trust
    in abeyance
    the onions
    the record

the phone...
    Hold the anchovies, please.

Blog Entries

hail holes in the roof
    insurance check cashed and spent
    gob and dab mastic

Blog Entries

Hold my beer...
    Hold my nose...
    Hold that end of the rope...
    Here: The place where we're all at.
    Now: The only time to be in.
    Being: What is here now.

Get a Jobber!

Hume-idity: When the skepticism you learned from your philosophical studies is overwhelmed by your instinctual desires.

This has been giving me a slow burn. I get the paper because I like to sit and read it, especially on Sunday. Nowadays you read an article (especially true in Parade section) and they give you some info, then at the bottom it says for more detail or better pictures or what we really think, etc. go to our website at XXXXXX.com. This pisses me off. If I wanted to go to the website, I'd go there and not read the paper. Just give me the damn story where I'm at, reading the paper. I think this is part of the reason papers are struggling too. Who wants to read an article and then find they have to go to somewhere on the internet to get the rest of the story. Okay, I'm done ranting.
    In the wardrobe of my soul, you're the section labeled shirts. - Canyons of your mind, Bonzo Dog Band.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
    2007 winning entry from an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.

S.O.B. it.

Quote Originally Posted by JMG View Post
    This has been giving me a slow burn. I get the paper because I like to sit and read it, especially on Sunday. Nowadays you read an article (especially true in Parade section) and they give you some info, then at the bottom it says for more detail or better pictures or what we really think, etc. go to our website at XXXXXX.com. This pisses me off. If I wanted to go to the website, I'd go there and not read the paper. Just give me the damn story where I'm at, reading the paper. I think this is part of the reason papers are struggling too. Who wants to read an article and then find they have to go to somewhere on the internet to get the rest of the story. Okay, I'm done ranting.
    Hey JMG, re: your question. My post wasn't a response to your post. It was a random thought.