Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Post a Random Thought

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    What's next? A demand that cap bills face forward unless the wearer is crouched behind home plate or giving a blowjob?
    I'm reminded of the old Bill Cosby "Buck-Buck" routine, in which kids from the tough side of town came around to challenge Cos and the gang to the buck-buck championship of the world: "They had their hats on sideways, their pants on backwards - just rebelling against everything."

And I saw young woman tonight in a ballcap with the bill turned up like Gomer in the Andy Griffith Show. Post-irony irony or something, I guess, I dunno.

I understand the concept of younger generations putting their own impress on the old folks' threads, thereby enraging us fogies, but it is the impracticality of the fashion that annoys me. Do the kids of the last 20 years just not ever have need to run at spur of the moment or is it no imposition to hold the pants up while they do? (I'm also put in mind of the iconic Facebook-shared photo of the guy at the baseball game, shading his eyes from the sun while wearing his ballcap backward.)

I guess a National Anti-Idiocy Day is out of the question, even if it were restricted to fashionistidiots.
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

I happened to hear a short snatch of Wings' "Silly Love Songs" today - it quickly wore on me 38 years ago, but I like its thumping baseline now.

However, the song's lyrics suddenly made me hope "Love" was not Paul McCartney's pet name for his Big Willy.

"Love doesn't come in a minute/Sometimes it doesn't come at all..."
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

You'd think the people would have had enough of Paul McCartney.
    I look around me and I see... it isn't so.
    Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Someone must do it: "Meth of a Salesman."

Blog Entries

sudo open the pod bay doors, HAL.

Bless me father for I have sneezed.

You can quell the rioting quails or quail at the prospect of quelling the quail riot.

I am constantly amazed at people who loudly discuss personal matters on their cell phone with other people around. You'd think they would at least walk far enough away so as not to broadcast to everyone their business.
    In the wardrobe of my soul, you're the section labeled shirts. - Canyons of your mind, Bonzo Dog Band.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
    2007 winning entry from an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMG View Post
    I am constantly amazed at people who loudly discuss personal matters on their cell phone with other people around. You'd think they would at least walk far enough away so as not to broadcast to everyone their business.
    Cell yellers. I assume it's an invitation to join the conversation.
    sudo open the pod bay doors, HAL.