Page 2 of 226 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: You might be a Knox Countian if...

#Lamarwatch: Carr Reveals Weak Fundraising of 'a Little Bit Less Than $100,000' (update: it's worse)

More like $52,000, they say. The Cowardly Lamar! raised $837,000. Is the an indication that the frequency of GOP congresspeople's right knees jerking up and smacking them in the chin every time the Tea Party burps is going to decrease?
    Last edited by SnM; 10-17-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    YMBAKCI...if you're a city employee and have a domestic partner, things are looking up.
    ~m.
    It's the gay agenda.
    "True that a plant may not think; neither will the profoundest of men ever put forth a flower."
    ― Donald Culross Peattie

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Hillian View Post
    It's the gay agenda.
    Nah. Too watered down:
    "The benefit would require a domestic partner — regardless of sexual orientation or preference — to prove via financial documents their commitment to an employee, according to Rogero."

~m.
    When you do things right. people won't be sure that you've done anything at all.

Yeah. My daughter in Denver put her boyfriend of 6 years as her domestic partner and he is now on her insurance.
    BTW, thanks for putting stuf back up here so some of us can read it.
    In the wardrobe of my soul, you're the section labeled shirts. - Canyons of your mind, Bonzo Dog Band.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
    2007 winning entry from an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.

Toot the horns: South Knoxvillians celebrate Henley Bridge reopening

Great news, but it does it come with a chilling effect? With all this traffic now diverting elsewhere, does this mean the death of Gay St?
    Last edited by SnM; 10-17-2013 at 12:46 PM.
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SnM View Post

Great news, but it does it come with a chilling effect? Will all this traffic now diverting elsewhere, does this mean the death of Gay St?
    Sad day for downtown. We could have had a mall on Gay St.
    sudo open the pod bay doors, HAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    Sad day for downtown. We could have had a mall on Gay St.
    That's right! Despite naysayers like Neely below, if the Henley Bridge had stayed closed, we might eventually have been able to remove the parking lanes and sidewalks on Gay to make it a worthy 4-lane highway, with flanking retail drive-up lanes on either side for a more convenient vehiclean Shoppertainment! experience.

Architectural Density: New Suburbanism is Undermining Downtown

Quote Originally Posted by SnM View Post

Great news, but it does it come with a chilling effect? With all this traffic now diverting elsewhere, does this mean the death of Gay St?
    I can report that I have now actually driven on this bridge. I found that it solidly supported my crossing, and is markedly wider than my recollection.
    ~m.
    When you do things right. people won't be sure that you've done anything at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I can report that I have now actually driven on this bridge. I found that it solidly supported my crossing, and is markedly wider than my recollection.
    ~m.
    I, too, have noticed a marked narrowing of my recollection, which is no wider than a goat path at best and completely overgrown where seldom traveled.
    sudo open the pod bay doors, HAL.