Page 206 of 206 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206
Results 2,051 to 2,059 of 2059

Thread: You might be a Knox Countian if...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Are you hearing what brought this whole thing on in the first place?
    ~m.
    No, but I haven't really tried.
    I'm covered up with work, health and family issues, and Donila seems to have this one pretty well covered. All I've heard is that KCS is in a tough legal bind with this one.

Joe Sullivan's column in this week's MP will be taken up by the school board next week:

http://dailypulse.metropulse.com/201...umn-next-week/

How many died for lack of care while Billion-Dollar Bill Haslam and his GOP "SuperMajority!" cohort dithered and dallied for the sake of political posturing?

Haslam to Send Medicaid Expansion Plan to Feds … Soon

Of course, this could also be political posturing, to make Haslam seem more moderate and less whipped by Ramsey, with no interest in actually making it work.
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Quote Originally Posted by cwg View Post
    I have a couple, but waiting on a couple more before posting ...
    Here’s the Real Story Behind That School Board/Superintendent “Agreement”

How innocuous and even facilitative they make it sound, rather than the heavy-handed obstruction it is. That board members would agree to the no-stumping and no-critical comments to the media says all that need be said about them, regardless of whether it is a binding contract.
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Quote Originally Posted by SnM View Post
    How innocuous and even facilitative they make it sound, rather than the heavy-handed obstruction it is. That board members would agree to the no-stumping and no-critical comments to the media says all that need be said about them, regardless of whether it is a binding contract.
    Well, you know, I've served on non-profit boards with much the same informal policy. That is, argue all you want for your position but once the vote is taken support the board's decision. I don't think it's really all that unusual a practice.

Not saying whether it's a GOOD practice, just that I've seen it in other settings and for much the same reasons.

And now before Bean yells at me, I'm ducking back in my hole to read all those papers about infiltration.
    If you are pissed at a dog for keeping you awake with its barking, it's not because you disagree with what it's saying. -- Rikki

Quote Originally Posted by binR Bishop View Post
    Well, you know, I've served on non-profit boards with much the same informal policy. That is, argue all you want for your position but once the vote is taken support the board's decision. I don't think it's really all that unusual a practice.

Not saying whether it's a GOOD practice, just that I've seen it in other settings and for much the same reasons.

And now before Bean yells at me, I'm ducking back in my hole to read all those papers about infiltration.
    It's not an informal policy. It's codified.

And you should either abide by your word or recognize what breaking it means.

Quote Originally Posted by SnM View Post
    It's not an informal policy. It's codified.

And you should either abide by your word or recognize what breaking it means.
    To borrow from SKB:

Okay, then.
    Last edited by binR Bishop; 08-29-2014 at 09:20 PM.
    If you are pissed at a dog for keeping you awake with its barking, it's not because you disagree with what it's saying. -- Rikki

Quote Originally Posted by binR Bishop View Post
    To borrow from SKB:

Okay, then.
    Apparently not OK, then.

You recently made a pronouncement about not commenting on local issues. Years ago, you made similar rumblings several times about never responding to nine.

You didn't abide by the former, and you are not following the latter. These were not imposed on you, you declared them.

You need to understand: You have still some standing as an informed and intelligent commentator on the various government entities here, but every time you violate your own ruling, you erode that standing and play into the hands of nine and his allies (and Bean too) over at KV.

My advice, which you won't take, is to not make announcements about how you're not going to comment on this or that or not to respond to him or her. And, in this case, you should just acknowledge that you were wrong to say you won't comment on local matters, because you will, and instead say that you will comment as you see fit but won't feel obligated to respond to stupidity or meanness (which you shouldn't feel obligated to), or better yet, not even worry about that, just say what you want when you want with no tit for tat. You don't have to respond.

You don't have to, you know, as you won't to this post. But you need to recognize your own foot-shooting. So there you go.