Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175
Results 1,741 to 1,744 of 1744

Thread: You might be a Knox Countian if...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Hillian View Post
    Yes, I understand that.

What gets me is that this bill passes the cost or prisoner healthcare onto Medicare. But elsewhere the state is choosing to not accept federal money to expand Medicare to those in need.

It's okay for criminals, but it is not okay for the non-criminal poor.
    A) On average, 50 percent of inmates in local jails are still awaiting trial. In Knox County, it's 70 percent. Technically not criminals, bc innocent until proven guilty, right? (See my "Orange Is the New Green" story.)

B) Most of those people are awaiting trial in jail because they're too poor to make bail. Can't make bail - probably don't have insurance either.

C) Health care in jails is abysmal. Here, let John Oliver and some muppets explain:

Quote Originally Posted by jmcnair View Post
    How will the new responsive design relate/compare to the KNS mobile app?
    From what I've been told, the mobile app will be changing at this time. There will no longer be a m.knoxnews.com site though. The responsive design will make www.knoxnews.com reformat depending on the device.

Does that help?
    "They had a beautiful place up there on the mountain. It was almost like heaven, except, you know, they were crazy."

My life was changed by a train. No, really it was.

The new website of the Daily Dependent Media & Unfree Press, Candididly Haslam's Newspaper, is up.

As I speculated, the old "Snark Bites" columns no longer seem to be available. Curiously, though, the old blog columns still are.

I'm sure Jimmy will have Patrick rectify that if Pilot's pilot notices.

Edit: Some glitches clearly need to be worked out.
    Last edited by SnM; 07-22-2014 at 05:58 PM.
    Snark Bites - Knoxville's alternative reality news source
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Quote Originally Posted by SnM View Post
    The new website of the Daily Dependent Media & Unfree Press, Candididly Haslam's Newspaper, is up.

As I speculated, the old "Snark Bites" columns no longer seem to be available. Curiously, though, the old blog columns still are.

I'm sure Jimmy will have Patrick rectify that if Pilot's pilot notices.

Edit: Some glitches clearly need to be worked out.
    One major glitch: Tom Humphrey is retiring at the end of the month.

http://www.shoppernewsnow.com/columnTemplates/ashe.aspx