Page 199 of 199 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199
Results 1,981 to 1,986 of 1986

Thread: You might be a Knox Countian if...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo View Post
    Mine? MINE? That invoice was for a MIME resistant vehicle! Damned bureaucratic incompetence.
    This guy must be dangerous:

"True that a plant may not think; neither will the profoundest of men ever put forth a flower."
    ― Donald Culross Peattie

Blog Entries

If you shoot an unarmed mime should you use a silencer?*

*apologies to Stephen Wright
    sudo open the pod bay doors, HAL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    If you shoot an unarmed mime should you use a silencer?*

*apologies to Stephen Wright
    As I understand it, the initial RFP called for the vehicle to be uparmored to busker-resistance. The Air Force's new 500 lb, laser-guided busker-buster bombs may prove to be the solution.
    Last edited by Johnny Ringo; 08-19-2014 at 04:05 PM.

I'll tell Bill Page to stay out of town for a while.
    In the wardrobe of my soul, you're the section labeled shirts. - Canyons of your mind, Bonzo Dog Band.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
    2007 winning entry from an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.

Maybe I'm misreading, but, among other items, it seems like Clark is saying Republican Eddie Pridemore's ascension to the bench is no biggie because Knox County often elects crooks and incompetents from both parties to high office, while Bean, among other things, has some choice anonymous quotes from attorneys on Pridemore, such as "A chimpanzee could have won if it had an R behind its name. An incompetent buffoon ran a stealth campaign and got elected," and VanGuilder recasts our last election as "Night of the Voting Dead."
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Quote Originally Posted by SnM View Post
    Maybe I'm misreading, but, among other items, it seems like Clark is saying Republican Eddie Pridemore's ascension to the bench is no biggie because Knox County often elects crooks and incompetents from both parties to high office, while Bean, among other things, has some choice anonymous quotes from attorneys on Pridemore, such as "A chimpanzee could have won if it had an R behind its name. … An incompetent buffoon ran a stealth campaign and got elected," and VanGuilder recasts our last election as "Night of the Voting Dead."
    All this hand-wringing by the media (especially the KNS, who FINALLY decided to take a look at the new Chancellor's background and discovered his two bankruptcies,) might have come in handy, oh, I dunno, BEFORE the election?

(Still probably wouldn't have made a difference, but it's kind of annoying to me.)