Page 238 of 238 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238
Results 2,371 to 2,375 of 2375

Thread: You might be a Knox Countian if...

Quote Originally Posted by bird jam View Post
    I will go back to ignoring the idiotic tabloid press now.
    "True that a plant may not think; neither will the profoundest of men ever put forth a flower."
    ― Donald Culross Peattie

Has the health inspection system changed for Knoxville restaurants? I don't really keep track of the scores, but I click on it whenever it is on the front page of knoxnews.com and it seems like it has been a long time since I have seen anyone in the "75 or under" category. There used to be restaurants down there all the time. For that matter, I haven't seen anyone below 95 in a long time.

http://www.knoxnews.com/knoxville/fo...ay-18_96086833

Seems that I recollect an article in the past year that indicated that the Health Dept. had "standardized" their inspection process somewhat. If I recall correctly, it was because different inspectors were conducting inspections differently. I've noticed higher average scores as well.
    ~m.
    When you do things right. people won't be sure that you've done anything at all.

Who's the worst? Why, we are, of course.

From the Dean of the Hill:

Study finds TN has nation’s most regressive tax system

From the Times-Free Press:
    A new study by a trio of economists from the Federal Reserve Bank found that Tennessee has the most regressive tax system of any state, requiring poor and middle-class taxpayers, in most instances, to pay a bigger share of their income than do wealthy individuals in the Volunteer State.

While the federal tax code helps to reduce America’s growing income inequality, Tennessee’s regressive tax system undoes much of the inequality-reducing force of federal taxes, the Fed study found. Tennessee boasts some of the lowest overall tax rates of any state, but its heavy reliance upon the sales tax for the biggest share of state revenues means that a disproportionate share of the taxes paid comes from low- and middle-income taxpayers.

“The tax systems in a handful of states, including Mississippi, Tennessee and West Virginia, widen the income distribution sufficiently to reverse around one-third of the compression achieved by the federal tax code,” Daniel H. Cooper, senior economist in the research department at the Federal Reserve Bank in Boston wrote in a new study he co-authoried with two economists with the Federal Reserve Banks’s fiscal division on research and statistics in Washington, D.C. — Byron Lutz and Michael Palumbo...
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Blog Entries

Combine that with our governor, flush with crooked truck stop money, being declared the nation's richest pol and we're the perfect red state.
    sudo open the pod bay doors, HAL.