Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120
Results 1,191 to 1,195 of 1195

Thread: You might be a Knox Countian if...

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
    Trying to sort out the sample ballot (pdf) for the primary I found Paige Huntoon's Daily Pulse entry on the County Corruption candidates with this confusing bit at the beginning of paragraph three:

If I understand it correctly, the fine voters of 'districts' 10 & 11 don't exist and those numbers are for at-large seats.
    I'll correct that.

Quote Originally Posted by SnM View Post
    Absher, 56, has been active in politics for the past few years, first as an organizer of some of the earliest tea party protests and then on the state Republican Executive Committee. She says she stopped activities with the tea party groups when more extremist elements began taking over, and her disagreements with the GOP’s education policies have led her to consider herself more of a libertarian these days.

“I’m not going to deny my past, but I think I’ve settled down a whole lot. I have loved campaigning for this job because I’m so freaking tired of partisan politics,” Absher says...

Hmm. Could that mean she has repudiated her years-in-the-making Agenda-21-cospiracy zealotry and her Common-Core-Communism-'n'-Goverment-Control-of-Children-conspiracy zealotry?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JokK9A7CKKA
    http://www.flcommoncore.net/ (scroll down)

'Cause that's a timely and convenient conversion, since she was still pursuing her ministry and delivering the gospel of anti-one-world-governmentalism-as-shown-in-Agenda-21 as recently as two years ago and Common-Core-Communism-as-Government-Mind-Control (apparently) as recently as last November.

Wonder if she is still friends with Kelleigh Nelson, who name- and photo-checks her in this May 2013 "expose"? (Well worth the read in a twisted kind of way)
    http://www.newswithviews.com/Nelson/kelleigh185.htm

And is she not a signatory on the infamous "petition of 30,000+ 'scientists'" denying anthropomorphic climate change?
    http://www.petitionproject.org/index.php
    http://www.petitionproject.org/signers_by_last_name.php

Don't know how sincere that metamorphosis could be
    Tried to write even-handed overviews, because that's the fair thing to do. But there will be a blog post - probably Friday am - with some outtakes from a bunch of the interviews, addressing some of the other issues with some candidates that I didn't have room to put in the story. It's hard, with so many candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by cwg View Post
    Tried to write even-handed overviews, because that's the fair thing to do. But there will be a blog post - probably Friday am - with some outtakes from a bunch of the interviews, addressing some of the other issues with some candidates that I didn't have room to put in the story. It's hard, with so many candidates.
    Thank you for the follow-up, cwg. I did not mean to ask you to address these issues. I only desired to use your link as a starting point for presenting other Absher links because I know you don't have room to do that, and it also may not be meaningful to the angle of the story, but I think it's relevant to voters giving someone with these views an in to Knox County government.

Of course, there are probably several who believe similarly to Absher already ensconced in Knox government, who discovered early enough when to keep their mouths shut.
    Snark Bites - Knoxville's alternative reality news source
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Cagle on Common Core

When hundreds of thousands of dollars in lobbying money for Common Core and the support of Gov. Bill Haslam, Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey, and House Speaker Beth Harwell results in a debacle, yes, something is seriously wrong...

I dunno. The TN GOP SuperMajority! in agreement and hundreds of thousands of lobbying dollars poured into it, resulting in a debacle? Sounds exactly like the TN GOP's version of "right."

And the result
    House signs off on Common Core deal; critic calls it ‘lipstick on a pig’

Last edited by SnM; 04-17-2014 at 08:18 AM.
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Happenings in the 'hood. Hope the dry cleaners stays.

Happy Holler properties sold

Two high-profile properties in the Happy Holler neighborhood have been sold, but the new owners aren't ready to announce any big plans.

The Paramount U-Li-Ka cleaners building, at 741 N. Broadway, and an adjacent surface parking lot were recently purchased by Napier Properties for $340,000...