Page 184 of 184 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184
Results 1,831 to 1,838 of 1838

Thread: You might be a Knox Countian if...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cwg View Post
    New MP website goes live at 4.
    Will it shine with the quality of the new KNS website?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo View Post
    Will it shine with the quality of the new KNS website?
    Yes and no. Our homepage is much less cluttered - bc, obviously, we only have a week's worth of content to highlight. But there will be glitches. There will be changes coming. This is a work in progress - as most brand-new websites are.

Yes and no. Our homepage is much less cluttered - bc, obviously, we only have a week's worth of content to highlight. But there will be glitches. There will be changes coming. This is a work in progress - as most brand-new websites are.
    It's up! Go check it out. And yes, stuff is still missing.

http://metropulse.com

Yay! It's white!!!
    "True that a plant may not think; neither will the profoundest of men ever put forth a flower."
    ― Donald Culross Peattie

It's up! Go check it out. And yes, stuff is still missing.

http://metropulse.com
    I like it. Thanks.

I like it. One small complaint. It is too spread out. I kept wanting to move some of the columns to fill the empty spaces in the middle.
    In the wardrobe of my soul, you're the section labeled shirts. - Canyons of your mind, Bonzo Dog Band.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
    2007 winning entry from an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.

Snark Bites - Knoxville's alternative reality news source
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    Did you live in Leaksville, Spray or Draper?

I lived in Reidsville for a couple years while working out of the Eden bureau for the News & Record (also known as the Daily Record, or the News & Fishwrap), not so much as a peep from the brewery 'cept the odd industrial accident here and there. Eden must be the most unlikely place for a brewery, considering it's impossible to get a beer there on any given night, say, after closing the bureau when you're done filing election returns. Reidsville, on the other hand ... that's where you go to get your rocks off. They had TWO bars, one with food, even. And they had Short Sugar's and Pete's. In unrelated news, Reidsville was the last town hall in N.C. that allowed smoking inside the building - and that was in 2005/2006.
    We lived in Ridgeway across the border. Eden has the brewery because it sits on a parcel of land with a artesian aquifer that had so much head pressure they had to put a diffuser in to use all that free water. Interestingly, my mom was the Eden bureau distribution manager for a while. As for Reidsville, short sugars is a must. In Henry county, va they just put in ordinance to make it illegal to smoke in grocery stores in 2012.
    Toby is a species. -- Rikki