Page 180 of 180 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180
Results 1,791 to 1,799 of 1799

Thread: You might be a Knox Countian if...

Me, too, SWG. First-rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbeanster View Post
    Me, too, SWG. First-rate.
    Is this meant for me? If so, thanks! (If not, ignore this.)

Goddammnit!
    I'm so dizzy and muddle-headed that I misspelled your initials!
    (see my FB page for gruesome deets if you're interested. Not recommended reading, though)

If people live in the United States, they should be forced to learn English! Or not.

ORNL scraps class to reduce Southern accents

If people live in Muricuh, they get to speak Muricun.
    Snark Bites - Knoxville's alternative reality news source
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Quote Originally Posted by SnM View Post
    From Post Politics

Governor writes to president, concerned about influx of immigrant kids

Gov. Haslam needs to know what's up with the immigrant children being placed by the feds in Tennessee.

Why does the governor need to know what's going on with these kids? He doesn't know what's going on with anything else in Tennessee.
    Southern Beale roasts Billion-Dollar Bill Haslam's dumb ass for so openly flaunting his ignorance on matters he should know about:

Clueless Bill Haslam Demands Answers About Routine Event In Tennessee

God damn, isn't it even a little bit embarrassing for this spineless twit of a governor to look so stupid and insipid?
    Last edited by SnM; 07-29-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Quote Originally Posted by cwg View Post
    I got swamped with election stuff, so this took longer to get to than expected, but here's my blog post with some reporting outtakes from my "Orange Is the New Green" story, including updates on the FCC and some other things.

What John Oliver Gets Wrong About Jail, and More Thoughts on Video Visitation
    Via RoaneViews, Tennessee jails get the attention of the NYT:

When Cell Door Opens, Tough Tactics and Risk

New state policy bans crossover voting by election commissioners

Misapprehension is mine. Was this a law before this Democratic commissioner voted in the Republican primary?

'Cause if it was, ignorance of the law is no excuse, especially for an election commissioner and an election law, and he should be booted on that basis.

Of course, here in Knox County, we have a Republican election commissioner who knowingly and willfully violated election laws, so maybe it isn't a big deal.

Washington Post: In TN, itís tea party versus Howard Bakerís legacy

Dunno; if casting Billion-Dollar-Bill, Corker and Alexander as heirs to the Baker legacy, then it sort of seems like that legacy has already yielded to the Tea Party's tyranny.

Criminalization of the female gender continues

Memphis woman becomes 2nd charged under drug-abusing mother law