Page 178 of 178 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178
Results 1,771 to 1,776 of 1776

Thread: You might be a Knox Countian if...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo View Post
    If that flyer was sent out by a 501(c)(3) or (4) they can only do "issue advocacy" and cannot explicitly advocate voting for or against anyone.

Why do you hate Freedom?
    Toby is a species. -- Rikki

If that flyer was sent out by a 501(c)(3) or (4) they can only do "issue advocacy" and cannot explicitly advocate voting for or against anyone.
    As I noted, it's from the Briggs campaign. Appearances can be deceiving, but Briggs' campaign seems to be built around advocating to elect him senator, and that organization has sent previous mailers suggesting such.
    Snark Bites - Knoxville's alternative reality news source
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SnM View Post
    As I noted, it's from the Briggs campaign. Appearances can be deceiving, but Briggs' campaign seems to be built around advocating to elect him senator, and that organization has sent previous mailers suggesting such.
    Ahh, wasn't clear on that. You said you got something from "Advance Tennessee" as well. If their flyer had failed to call for voting for Briggs or against Camfield I could understand why. If Briggs' own flyer doesn't say to vote for him then I have to wonder who's doing his mailers. They aren't serving him well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toby View Post
    Why do you hate Freedom?
    That would be the freedom loving IRS you're talking about.

Ahh, wasn't clear on that. You said you got something from "Advance Tennessee" as well. If their flyer had failed to call for voting for Briggs or against Camfield I could understand why. If Briggs' own flyer doesn't say to vote for him then I have to wonder who's doing his mailers. They aren't serving him well.
    My composition could have had greater clarity. The two mailers so far received from Advance Tennessee have not advocated voting for any candidate, merely noting that Campfield is the wrong choice for Tennessee.

But Briggs' latest is purely anti-Stacey, with no call to action. Maybe they just got weary of it.
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

It seems the kind of seismic shift we might experience is not the metaphorical sort:

TN joins high-risk earthquake states