Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122
Results 1,211 to 1,213 of 1213

Thread: You might be a Knox Countian if...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cwg View Post
    Unlike the tv stations that covered this story a week ago, the KNS neglects to mention ACT is considered a hate group by the SPLC
    That's the crucial clue that identifies ACT as not just idiots, but dangerous idiots.

Speaking of danger, SPLCenter.org won't let you look at their Web site without javascript and cookies. That's kind of creepy. Worse, Tor loads it, but throws up a warning that the site is attempting to access canvas data. That could be sloppy html or an attempt to open a hole to access data on your computer. Granted, they really do have enemies, but that sort of behavior is disturbing.
    sudo open the pod bay doors, HAL.

From the Dean of The Hill

It's illegal, and even though they insist it isn't illegal we all know it's illegal, but it doesn't matter; the TN GOP SuperMajority! can do as it pleases. Nothing will be done about it.

PAC invites donors to dodge disclosure of gifts to PAC’s treasurer?

“Please bring your check and join us,” Skow wrote under a subject line that read, “You’re invited — by LEADERS for TN — Monday night at The Standard for Troy Brewer.”
    “If you prefer not to show up on a financial disclosure statement, make your check directly to Leaders for Tennessee,” Skow continued, getting part of the PAC’s name wrong.

Giving to a specific candidate through a political action committee to mask the source of the funds is illegal, subject to a fine of up to $10,000.

But Skow, who said he alone was responsible for the email, insisted that wasn’t what he was urging donors to do...

Alexander is ‘critic-in-chief’ of NLRB?

Looking back at the 108th TN General Assembly

More looking back at the legislative session
    Snark Bites - Knoxville's alternative reality news source
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Back when it seemed possible to mock the important people

Dense "Brain Fog" Advisory for County Commission
    Foggy conditions may force commission to redo citizen panels' work

From APB reports. KNOXVILLE, Tenn. A dense brain fog advisory was issued Monday morning as Knox Countians dealing with their County Commission found their commisioners' brains shrouded in mist.

The National Weather Service office issued the advisory early Monday, stating it might end around August.

There was particularly dense fog around Commissioner Greg "Lumpy" Lambert, especially near bodies of other commissioners. There were three hallway crashes and two of them were brain-fog-related.

Despite the brain fog advisory, Knox County leaders will start arbitrarily dividing up taxpayer money among all kinds of departments and causes Monday.

But volunteers who stepped up months ago to help with the budget process are angry this weekend.

"We spent a lot of time, they asked us to do this, and then in this brain fog they don't even want to listen to what we have to say. It's just not right," said one citizen panelist.

However, misty-morning-brained county commissioners now want to hear from those community groups themselves, saying the citizens should have been aware that their work was an exercise in futility.

"But it was good exercise," insisted Commision Chairman Thomas "Tank" Strickland. "They all got the benefit of good aerobic jaw workouts."

"Bottom line is, it is still the privilege of the Knox County Commission to divvy up this money how we want to," Commissioner Lambert said. "I think it's important we let citizens know exactly how useless their efforts are."

Commissioner Paul Pinkston, who's usually good for a quote or two, was reported to be "totally fogged in" and unavailable for comment. Camera darling Commissioner Victoria DeFreese was unavailable because the humidity was "no friend to my hair stylist."

Citizen panelists reacted angrily to the news that commission was proceeding with deliberations despite their brain fog.

"These panels might as well have never even been formed if county commission is going to play tiddlywinks with their brains all fogged in," reads an email from one citizen panelist.

"Tiddlywinks is too tough for them even without foggy noggins," reads another.

Commissioners meet Wednesday, June 11, to hear from the groups requesting money.

Commissioner Mike Hammond says he'd first like for the volunteer panelists to reenact how they reached their recommendations.

"I am concerned that government asks its citizens to give time and effort to help make things better and the citizens are then told their recommendations do not matter while government is in a patch of dense mind mist," Hammond wrote in an e-mail to the volunteers. "I want to be sure you understand that your recommendations do not matter. I have served on three such panels and can say first hand that they are always irrelevant. That's why I want you to come in and reenact your meetings -- to emphasize just how futile it all is, brain fog or not."

Hammond is not making any promises to volunteers either.

"I haven't said I wouldn't follow their recommendations," Hammond said. "But if they jump through hoops for me, I won't laugh at them too much."

"I say we need to totally void the work they did," Lambert responded. "I appreciate the uselessness of it. I think they provided us some laughs, and I think we need to have them come in and repeat their recommendations so we can laugh at them in person."
    Snark Bites - Knoxville's alternative reality news source
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep