Page 53 of 184 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: You might be a Knox Countian if...

Knoxville is supposed to get above freezing tomorrow. I must say, I'm thrilled at the possibility of warmth enough to not keep water running. But I can't recall the last time I was excited that we were predicted to climb above freezing for the third time in an entire winter season much less a single month.

And yeah, I know we've had colder winters in my lifetime, and yeah, I was here for the coldest day on record for Knoxville back in 1985. It's been a while, and it's a much rarer occurrence than it seems like it was in my younger days. And I'm still looking forward to whatever is the mercury substitute crossing the 32 degree threshold.
    Snark Bites - Knoxville's alternative reality news source
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Quote Originally Posted by SnM View Post
    Knoxville is supposed to get above freezing tomorrow. I must say, I'm thrilled at the possibility of warmth enough to not keep water running. But I can't recall the last time I was excited that we were predicted to climb above freezing for the third time in an entire winter season much less a single month.

And yeah, I know we've had colder winters in my lifetime, and yeah, I was here for the coldest day on record for Knoxville back in 1985. It's been a while, and it's a much rarer occurrence than it seems like it was in my younger days. And I'm still looking forward to whatever is the mercury substitute crossing the 32 degree threshold.
    Public offices vary on closing

TVA has had 4 of its all-time top 10 energy-consuming days this month (may add 5 after tomorrow), and there are many experts out there pontificating on exactly how much better local public institutions should have handled this latest blast of cold and snow, which even the weather shamans, in a rare burst of humility, acknowledged they didn't call exactly right. But bad as it was here

Georgia, Alabama clear vehicle-littered roads as deep freeze settles in
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

In keeping with the triangulation for a presidential bid that likely is no longer sustainable...

Haslam skipping Presidential visit to McGavock

...His spokesman Dave Smith said the governor “has ECD meetings out of state,” but did not respond to a request late Wednesday seeking details about where the governor was going and with whom he was meeting.

Details about who the governor meets with have been kept hidden from reporters since the beginning of his term. Requests to review the governor’s calendar have been repeatedly rejected by his administration citing “deliberative process privilege.” Governors in other states have made their schedules available for public inspection.

KNS editorial gets it right, TN GOP Supermajority!-dominated committee, not so much

Editorial: Senate should reject bill that would allow guns in all state parks

Campfield's guns bill gets through Senate committee

Wanna bet the findings make a long, long, long list? But too late to affect the election outcome, no doubt

Knox criminal justice system to be audited

It's a curiosity. You'd think with how frequently TN GOP SuperMajority! legislators end up as joke butts for the national media, they would be the ones running campaigns against The Daily Show, but instead it's a couple of TN jackasses.

Meanwhile, the TN GOP SuperMajority! receives its laurels

New ACU rankings give perfect score to 21 Tennessee legislators

35 degrees! 35 degrees! 35 degrees!