Page 211 of 211 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211
Results 2,101 to 2,106 of 2106

Thread: You might be a Knox Countian if...

Quote Originally Posted by SnM View Post
    A couple more:

KCS employee investigated for misuse of funds

Also Knox County Mayor Burchett comes right out and says school supes McIntyre ought to be out of here on whatever is WBIR's weekend Tennessee politics show, but that doesn't seem to be on Web yet.

Here it is

Mayor Burchett: Superintendent needs to go

KNS reports
    Burchett calls for superintendent's removal

...[newly elected board member Patti] Bounds said when it comes time to evaluate the superintendent — which won’t happen again until the end of next year — she’d like more tangible, measurable outcomes placed in the process to truly determine how effective a leader he is.

“I think there needs to be more accountability and the ability to measure if progress is being made in areas that we’ve asked him to work on,” she said...

Now there's an idea. McIntyre should take School-Superintendent-measuring TCAP tests every six weeks.
    Last edited by SnM; 09-13-2014 at 07:38 AM.
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Sounds about right for this region. Found guilty of stealing taxpayers' money in one county. available to serve in government office in another.

Morgan stays on Blaine ballot despite conviction

Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Default Conviction? What conviction?

Sounds about right for this region. Found guilty of stealing taxpayers' money in one county. available to serve in government office in another.

Morgan stays on Blaine ballot despite conviction

I love the way the various officials in this story say, well, he's not been sentenced so he's not a felon yet. I'd like to see a gang banger try that one: I should go free even though that jury just convicted me cause I haven't been sentenced yet.

I don't have the patience or the interest to indulge in the capture of the daily, multiple grammatical errors on the KNS site, nor the time just at the moment to capture this one in a form to show its undeniability, but this was the hed ~10:00 pm, nonetheless.

Grammar Gremlins: Beward capital letters

To point this out is not a slam on the few editorial people still there doing there (their) job, it's an indictment of the managers and the owners who have cut the staff who could have prevented this.

Ef yew cant right headlines, ewe cant coffer tissues.

But of course this small example is only symbolic of the stilted coverage of significant issues the KNS presents.

DnB still wants to get it, but I don't see how I can justify to myself continuing to subscribe to this pathetic thing.

Blog Entries

I don't have the patience or the interest to indulge in the capture of the daily, multiple grammatical errors on the KNS site, nor the time just at the moment to capture this one in a form to show its undeniability, but this was the hed ~10:00 pm, nonetheless.

Grammar Gremlins: Beward capital letters

To point this out is not a slam on the few editorial people still there doing there (their) job, it's an indictment of the managers and the owners who have cut the staff who could have prevented this.

Ef yew cant right headlines, ewe cant coffer tissues.

But of course this small example is only symbolic of the stilted coverage of significant issues the KNS presents.

DnB still wants to get it, but I don't see how I can justify to myself continuing to subscribe to this pathetic thing.

Maybe it's satire? What? They don't have any qualified satirists on staff? Know wonder!