Page 103 of 228 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2273

Thread: You might be a Knox Countian if...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Michael, Council, with support of the administration, voted to deny the use on review application for a parking lot on the Pryor Brown footprint. That is now in court. At present the property owner does not have the option to place a parking lot on that space.
    Thanks. As for the rest of the parcel/block, what became of its prior use on review status? My understanding is that the owner does not have the option to place parking on that space, either. And yet, there it sits.
    ~m.
    When you do things right. people won't be sure that you've done anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Thanks. As for the rest of the parcel/block, what became of its prior use on review status? My understanding is that the owner does not have the option to place parking on that space, either. And yet, there it sits.
    ~m.
    That was discussed briefly at the Council meeting where the use on review for a parking lot at Pryor Brown was denied. Revisiting the zoning for the rest of the block would be a different and more more difficult matter having to with the very long amount of time that has gone by and that this was not recognized and dealt with when the original permission for the lot ran out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    That was discussed briefly at the Council meeting where the use on review for a parking lot at Pryor Brown was denied. Revisiting the zoning for the rest of the block would be a different and more more difficult matter having to with the very long amount of time that has gone by and that this was not recognized and dealt with when the original permission for the lot ran out.
    I can understand that. But it would appear the opportunity has arisen to correct that oversight. I don't understand how it is any different from any other structure/project/use found to be out of compliance with permitted zoning, however long it has existed. As I understand it, the parcels use as a parking lot does not conform with the current zoning (and never really did, except as an interim measure).

In this case, in particular, any investment made by the owner for its current use has long ago been returned, and a case for future damages resulting from the loss of use as a parking lot would be difficult to assert, given that it is not zoned for such, and no assurance for that use exists.

I recognize that the ball was dropped. But that's no reason to forfeit the game.
    ~m.
    When you do things right. people won't be sure that you've done anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SnM View Post
    The TN GOP SuperMajority! imposes its will. Local Republicans, rejoice.

Latest bill banning ‘religious viewpoints discrimination’ in schools goes to gov
    A different perspective on this bill

Tennessee Passes Bill Allowing LGBT Students To Be Bullied In The Name Of ‘Religious Freedom’

Republicans: Determined to return to the 19th century or to kill everyone else while trying.
    Last edited by SnM; 03-25-2014 at 12:31 PM.
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Sure, biz-friendly Tennessee is attracting biz, but

ICYMI: Tennessee Leads the Nation...In Minimum Wage Workers
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

I can understand that. But it would appear the opportunity has arisen to correct that oversight. I don't understand how it is any different from any other structure/project/use found to be out of compliance with permitted zoning, however long it has existed. As I understand it, the parcels use as a parking lot does not conform with the current zoning (and never really did, except as an interim measure).

In this case, in particular, any investment made by the owner for its current use has long ago been returned, and a case for future damages resulting from the loss of use as a parking lot would be difficult to assert, given that it is not zoned for such, and no assurance for that use exists.

I recognize that the ball was dropped. But that's no reason to forfeit the game.
    ~m.
    Michael, I do appreciate your point. Let me just say that this is a very complicated legal situation and time passed with a use in place is very often a significant variable in property related issues. There are often very substantial negative impacts from being on the losing side in these matters. The City of Knoxville has written some very large checks in the not so distant past to interests that prevailed in disputes over whether a business did or did not have the right to operate on a parcel. I am not trying to be obtuse here. This is a public board and I have already had the pleasure of being drawn into legal proceedings based on my comments on the Interwebs. There is already ongoing litigation around these properties.
    Last edited by Bill; 03-25-2014 at 05:17 PM.

Ok.
    Then let's change gears and go all City of New London on their ass.
    ~m.

Ok.
    Then let's change gears and go all City of New London on their ass.
    ~m.
    Oh, good grief.
    Toby is a species. -- Rikki