Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Son of a Daughter of a Son of Random Thoughts

Default Son of a Daughter of a Son of Random Thoughts

I was looking forward to retirement until it dawned on me that I was getting old too.
    In the wardrobe of my soul, you're the section labeled shirts. - Canyons of your mind, Bonzo Dog Band.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
    2007 winning entry from an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.

Medicare - Part G - Nursing Home Plan

Say you are an older senior citizen and can no longer take care of yourself and the government says there is no Nursing Home care available for you. So, what do you do? You opt for Medicare Part G.

The plan gives anyone 75 or older a gun (Part G) and one bullet. You are allowed to shoot one worthless politician. This means you will be sent to prison for the rest of your life where you will receive three meals a day, a roof over your head, central heating and air conditioning, cable TV, a library, and all the Health Care you need. Need new teeth? No problem. Need glasses? That's great. Need a hearing aid, new hip, knees, kidney, lungs, sex change, or heart? They are all covered!

As an added bonus, your kids can come and visit you at least as often as they do now! And, who will be paying for all of this? The same government that just told you they can't afford for you to go into a nursing home. And you will get rid of a useless politician while you are at it. And now, because you are a prisoner, you don't have to pay any more income taxes!

Blog Entries

What would you do if someone came to your door with a cup in their hand, asking for donations to help buy guns to kill a group of people they didn't like?
    Here: The place where we're all at.
    Now: The only time to be in.
    Being: What is here now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    What would you do if someone came to your door with a cup in their hand, asking for donations to help buy guns to kill a group of people they didn't like?
    sounds like some terrorists are at your door.
    “Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.”

I would call the police (not the band). It is against the law in the USA to kill people you don't like. Apparently you can recruit people on the internet to go to a foreign country and kill people they don't like. They don't restrict the killing tools either. They use gasoline, kitchen knives, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Chicken McNuggets , etc.

Blog Entries

What if they said those people were really dangerous, really deserved it and if given half a chance they might want kill you--even if they live on the other side of the world.

And what if they said if you didn't donate they would call your boss and threaten him so he would take the donation out of your paycheck.

Blog Entries

How much work would a work truck do if a work truck would do work?
    sudo open the pod bay doors, HAL.

What if they said those people were really dangerous, really deserved it and if given half a chance they might want kill you--even if they live on the other side of the world.

And what if they said if you didn't donate they would call your boss and threaten him so he would take the donation out of your paycheck.
    That last part would convince me they had a union affiliation, and are probably democrats.

I don't advise inviting them in the house.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    That last part would convince me they had a union affiliation, and are probably democrats.

I don't advise inviting them in the house.
    Yep, only Union, not union.

Welcome to the revolution.
    Last edited by James; 04-18-2015 at 08:36 PM.

Welcome to the revolution.
    A proper revolution would require George Washington, and the French.

The war of independence wouldn't have been won without the French.