Thread: Windows 8 Power Shell Virus - Please help

Default Windows 8 Power Shell Virus - Please help

Yup, I seem to have one. And it looks far too complicated for me to try and fix. Where's the best place to take the computer, with (hopefully) fast service? I'm using Ned's in the short run, but that's not very practical for long and I have about a billion different things due for school soon.

Many thanks!

Rachel

P.S. Someone (I think on here) recommended a couple of years ago that I take my old laptop with hard drive issues to some place on Ebenezer Road. If it was any of you, are they still there and do they do software fixes? Thanks.
    If you are pissed at a dog for keeping you awake with its barking, it's not because you disagree with what it's saying. -- Rikki

Quote Originally Posted by binR Bishop View Post
    Yup, I seem to have one. And it looks far too complicated for me to try and fix. Where's the best place to take the computer, with (hopefully) fast service? I'm using Ned's in the short run, but that's not very practical for long and I have about a billion different things due for school soon.

Many thanks!

Rachel

P.S. Someone (I think on here) recommended a couple of years ago that I take my old laptop with hard drive issues to some place on Ebenezer Road. If it was any of you, are they still there and do they do software fixes? Thanks.
    Rachel, I would be that someone.

The guys on Ebenezer Road are very good. It is two companies that merged a few years back. The owner of the old Computers Etc (Steve) merged with a guy I have sold three new homes to over the years and have become friends with (Jake). Jake has been doing service for a few decades. He does network installs both residential and commercial (car dealers, banks, etc), and sells custom equipment to fit your needs and pocketbook. He has had to downsize and has no retail storefront any more thanks to the economy. He does have a small office and service department in an office condo on Ebenezer Road. He also does in home service which is quicker but costs more than taking the equipment to the service department. It is a three person operation now with the owners all working. Very personal service. His email is jake@computers-etc.com so I assume he calls the company Computers Etc. now.

Jake cell 382-3126

Jake or Steve or Phil work 694-2005 or maybe the service line direct is 247-6675

Good luck.