Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Festivals.

Blog Entries

Default Festivals.

Big Fatties or Meadowlark?

I would need more info.
    In the wardrobe of my soul, you're the section labeled shirts. - Canyons of your mind, Bonzo Dog Band.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
    2007 winning entry from an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.

Blog Entries

Pork rawk in suburbia vs. eclectic Americana? at Ijams.

Big Fatties is really just an extended show rather than a true festival. Meadowlark is a bigger ticket in all senses. Wish I could do both. I bet Mayshark will have the city copter out, I could just hang on to the fuselage as he lifts off.
    Last edited by earlnemo; 06-27-2014 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Posterity

I haven't done this type of musical research in like forever. Thanks for the opportunity...

For those keeping score...

Meadowlark
    http://ijams.org/signature-events/meadow-lark/

Big Fatty's Beer Bash
    http://www.wutkradio.com/content/big...ceipts-go-wutk

If it were me I would go to Big Fatty's. From a quick scan of all the bands I think that holds the type of music I could wallow in. Loud and obnoxious. Meadow Lark is a bit too civil and adult. Probably a bunch of lawn chairs there.

But a more unbiased report....Go to Meadow Lark if you want to relax and enjoy the moment, go to Big Fatty's if you want to rock to a dumb stupor.
    ... the debt that each generation owes to the past, it must pay to the future."
    ~ Abigail Scott Dunaway

Works on the Creative Commons by me. Go ahead, steal something. Now with pictures!
    http://celestial-dung.deviantart.com/

Good Reason to go to Meadowlark
    ~ Abigail Scott Dunaway

Works on the Creative Commons by me. Go ahead, steal something. Now with pictures!

Good reason for Big Fatty

~ Abigail Scott Dunaway

Quote Originally Posted by earlnemo View Post
    I bet Mayshark will have the city copter out, I could just hand on to the fuselage as he lifts off.
    Chopper's in the shop, but you can ride backseat on my bicycle built for two.

Okay, I'd choose Big Fatty's. Meadowlark looks good and the bands are good but it's at least 20 bucks plus drinks and food plus it starts at 1. Big Fatty's also has great bands (actually more we know and like), it's cheaper, 10 bucks max, and it doesn't start til 4. which would give me time to do some yard work.
    In the wardrobe of my soul, you're the section labeled shirts. - Canyons of your mind, Bonzo Dog Band.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
    2007 winning entry from an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    Chopper's in the shop, but you can ride backseat on my bicycle built for two.
    Sheeeit. 7 black SUV motorcade minimum. Or you're doing it wrong.

Never forget you're The Man.

Blog Entries

Overheard description of Meadowlark:
    ". . . bluegrass and angry single women with acoustic guitars."
    sudo open the pod bay doors, HAL.