Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitchers and Catchers Report/Rapport - 2014

Default Pitchers and Catchers Report/Rapport - 2014

World Series:

Oakland A's will defeat Tanaka and the Yanks to play in the World Series against the Dodgers. And lose.
    "Sometimes a stick in the eye is a tool for enlightenment, but mostly not." Manfred Minsk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Apeville View Post
    World Series:

Oakland A's will defeat Tanaka and the Yanks to play in the World Series against the Dodgers. And lose.
    Imagine what the A's could do if they had money.

They fill that stadium out there to watch the Raiders lose. But for the A's...
    "Sometimes a stick in the eye is a tool for enlightenment, but mostly not." Manfred Minsk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo View Post
    Imagine what the A's could do if they had money.
    I calculated dollars of payroll per win for all the teams in 2012 and the A's came out way ahead. I keep thinking Wolfram Alpha could do that for me if I could figure out how to phrase the question.
    sudo open the pod bay doors, HAL.

Would love to see the Blue Jays turn it around this year- and the Padres. And hell….. I guess I have to wish that for the Astros, too. Small market teams are so easy to cheer for until they start beating the Giants.

This is interesting- the Astros are the worst MLB team, and the most profitable in history.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexa...le-in-history/

Blog Entries

sudo open the pod bay doors, HAL.

I would just like to note that the Red Sox will remain reigning champs until at least sometime in October, so I can take a pass on the whole year.

One can certainly surmise that one has crossed into baseball nerdville when they buy their first copy of the Baseball Prospectus.

Quote Originally Posted by Apeville View Post
    One can certainly surmise that one has crossed into baseball nerdville when they buy their first copy of the Baseball Prospectus.
    Really? Yikes, didn't realize I crossed over about ten years ago.