Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: You might be a Republican if...

...if your leaders in Congress appear to be on the verge of capitulating, ending the hostage crisis and freeing the nation's full faith and credit and reputation after 17 long days.

It appears House Speaker John Boehner has finally decided to do what was good for the country, rather than for self-preservation, discontinuing to attempt to curry the favor of the 50 or so anti-American Teapartians.

If the deal comes to pass - Do not expect the Teapartians to forget or forgive that Boehner put the nation first. He will be punished for his temerity.
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

"It's one of the more shameful chapters in my time in the Senate" Sen. McCain from the floor.

It's over:
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...medium=twitter

Tea Partisans: What did we earn?
    Sun sets, night falls, sun shines, day calls, work fine, rest deep, rejoice, prayers keep

Blog Entries

You might be a Republican f you voted to keep the government shut down.

Democrats — Cohen, Y; Cooper, Y.

Republicans — Black, N; Blackburn, N; DesJarlais, N; Duncan, N; Fincher, N; Fleischmann, N; Roe, N.
    sudo open the pod bay doors, HAL.

Blog Entries

From the "just a flesh wound" department:
    sudo open the pod bay doors, HAL.

Chris Christie building Bridges to Bipartisanship. Oh, Ringo. It is not about being right. It is about being vindicated. American Hustle comes to life in the Garden State.
    Toby is a species. -- Rikki

Rep. Steve King (R-IA) doesn't believe "self-professed" gays should get equal protection because that treatment could allow them to trick businesses into committing hate crimes...

“And the one thing I referenced when I say ‘self-professed,’ how do you know who to discriminate against?” he said...

The comments are fabulous, choosing one example among many:

"this reminds me of the time some black guy in the South tricked whites into lynching him. Then there was the time some black guy tricked some good ol' boys into burning a cross on his lawn. And still another time when some queer tricked high school football players into beating him into a pulp.

"Why do you keep hitting my fist with your face?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toby View Post
    Chris Christie building Bridges to Bipartisanship. Oh, Ringo. It is not about being right. It is about being vindicated. American Hustle comes to life in the Garden State.
    I'm not sure how you figure you were right. You said he'd be indicted (about 4 years ago.). Instead he employed the Obama Gambit ("nobody told me about this, but I'm gonna get to the bottom of it!") quite effectively and, like Obama, he's still standing.

Default Obamacare? Are you nuts?

"The truth will set you free. But first it will piss you off." - Gloria Steinem.